The most popular energy efficient roofing options in Australia!
Eco-friendly roofs are growing fast in popularity for a number of reasons, which range from increased concerns about the environment and the urgent need to reduce energy consumption dramatically to the current affordability of a number of new materials now in use throughout the world.
Among the most popular choices are:
- Recycled shingles, which are affordable and made from materials such as slate, metal, concrete, plastic, wood fibre or rubber — a modern twist that is also environmentally friendly and lowers pollution. Some of these have an increased lifespan too.
- Green roofs, which reduce energy consumption by absorbing the heat. In addition, they absorb storm water – as much as 90 per cent of the water falling on the roof will be absorbed and thus cool the house beneath. And you will have a wonderful roof garden to grow vegetables, herbs, or whatever takes your fancy.
- Solar panels, which have been around for a number of years and use the sun’s rays for electricity. They can be used as a primary roofing material.
- White roofs, which reflect the sun’s rays and help to cool houses.
- Roof overhangs, which protect the walls from all the elements and keep the exterior of the house fresh and clean.
- A sheet of corrugated roofing are a re-working of an old material that is durable, lies flat (no more wavy design), is light, and comes in a wide variety of colours.
- Metal roofs, which seem to be increasing in popularity.
Metal roofs are cool roofs
New materials are constantly being developed and brought onto the market. With the heightened awareness of the environment, the desire for more eco-friendly, sustainable, green options continue increase. In-depth research is taking place all over the world, and far greater attention is being paid to what can be done to improve the choices open to home owners and builders. Domestic, commercial and industrial roofing will witness major changes in the coming years, and roofing specialists will certainly be at the forefront of the movement to ensure that we build a more eco-friendly world.
Eco-friendly roofing will probably be the next step in roofing
To learn more about the benefits of these materials, contact Australis Roofing today, and let us explain what is available and give you a quote. Australis Roofing understands the importance of your roof and will ensure that it is completed to Australian Standards and is aesthetically pleasing.